CANADIAN JEWELLER MAGAZINE
2019 AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE
The competition has evolved!
It is no longer possible to ignore the significance of social media on the jewellery industry. Now, the first round of the Excellence Awards will require you to post images with detailed descriptions of three products of your choice that you feel best to represent your brand. You must post the images on your Facebook or/and Instagram page, tag in the post Canadian Jeweller, and use #awardsofexcellence and #canadianjewellers as well as the hashtag that represents your category the best.
The posts with the most likes and engagements will be nominated and entered for the second round of the competition, where Canadian Jeweller experts will professionally judge the nominated profiles and choose a winner.
Why should you participate in the competition?
In addition, to the exposure you will get from having your products featured in the magazine and on our website, you will also have the opportunity to offer your AOE piece for auction at The Great Jewellery Heist. A prestigious event held in support of Bridgepoint Health. which will further enhance your brand awareness and raise money for a great cause. A tax receipt will be provided for donated pieces that are accompanied by a third-party appraisal for fair market value, as per CRA guidelines.
*Please Note* You will have to state the category that your line belongs to in the details of your submission/ post. A list of the categories is provided below:
• Retail Brand of the Year – #cjretailbrand
• Best Canadian Diamond Design – #cjdiamonddesign
• Industry Innovation of the Year – #cjinnovation
• Jewellery Manufacturer of the Year – #cjmanufacturer
• Best Coloured Gemstone Design – #cjgemstonedesign
• Best Platinum Design – #cjplatinumdesign
• Outstanding Canadian Enterprise of the Year – #cjcanenterprise
• Outstanding International Enterprise of the Year – #cjintenterprise
• Retailer of the Year – #cjretailer
• Supplier of the Year – #cjsupplier
Admission requirements for the second round:
- The completed nomination form
- A $100 entry fee per nomination
- Photographs of the product/product line being nominated
- Samples of advertising campaigns, brochures, etc. marketing the product line
- Testimonials from at least two Canadian retailers.
SEND ENTRY FORM TO: Canadian Jeweller Award of Excellence, Rive Gauche Media, 920 Yonge St., Suite 608, Toronto, ON, M4W 3C7
RULES & REGULATIONS
• Jewellery must have been designed and made in Canada.
• Jewellery must incorporate precious metals and must adhere to the criteria set out in each category.
• All gemstones must be natural. Synthetics are not permitted. Students may substitute CZ for diamonds.
• One submission per designer, per category.
• Contestant assumes all liability for designs and jewellery submitted. Although we will take reasonable precautions while the jewellery is in our possession, Canadian Jeweller Magazine cannot be responsible for insuring the jewellery.
• We suggest you extend your own policy to cover your piece or pieces for loss, theft or damage for the duration of the competition.
• In each category, three finalists will be selected. Judges will then choose an overall winner in each category.
• Entries will be returned by a courier at the expense of the designer. To arrange for the return, please contact a Canadian Jeweller Magazine representative at 416 203-7900 x 6107.
• Winning entries and all information provided about the entries may be used for promotional purposes. Slides, renderings and other reproductions of the designs, as well as press releases will also be used for this purpose.
• Entries will be judged on the basis of originality, creativity, beauty, wearability and quality of workmanship. Consideration will also be given to marketability.
• Contestants agree to hold Canadian Jeweller Magazine, Rive Gauche Media, and its employees and representatives, etc., harmless from any and all claims, litigation and other legal proceedings.
Judging will take place from October 2019 by a prestigious panel of judges made up of Canadian jewellery retailers, designers, and members of Canadian Jeweller Magazine’s Editorial Board. The judging process is confidential and the judges’ decision is final.
Winners will be published in an issue of Canadian Jeweller Magazine and agree to their name being used in press releases, magazine articles, social media initiatives and on the Canadian Jeweller Magazine website. Once the results are formally announced, winners are free to self-promote their achievement.
For more information or to sponsor this event, contact a Canadian Jeweller representative at 416-203-7900 x 6107.
559 total views